What is that one thing that drives you to office everyday ? A question that I sometimes ponder especially when I sit back in the chair and gaze at the ceiling trying to think something so called innovative, something so call game changing, something so called a magical wand which will take care of most of it.
I often ask my friends, work buddies and more. Well work buddies are sometimes quite diplomatic to answer, especially with me, all I can say is being the part of HR department has its toll, no doubt how much I call out that I do Organization Development and not HR.
Well that is time I do the next best and ask this to my friends and friends from ex-companies, hey what makes you get to office everyday? I find answer at times, work itself, money, financial commitment, project .... but then again most of the answer when I dig down are as hollow as a coconut and some even agree that they go to work because that's the best they can do. Because that completes the circle of life, because they don't know what else to do, or simply because they have been doing this from past so many years.
Ofcourse there are things that you do to take care of your commitments be it financial, family etc, or maintain so called status in society.
Someday I lay back on my bed and just wonder a long long time back I felt work was the best thing happened to me and now is a time when I just question myself is it really reduced to this?
I dream of laying down on a grass meadow under a banyan tree from dawn to dusk just doing nothing, how this it come to this is what sometimes I wonder? How did I become a guy who wanted to fight out the whole war at work to a guy who just wants no battles anymore. What happen to the guy who did what he did because of a purpose, because of a passion moreover because that what he wanted and he dreamt of. Or its just that, that guy in my heart has been just one more person trying to complete the circle of life? The only question that remains to answer is will they old me die strangling or all that has fallen shall rise....
No comments:
Post a Comment