Saturday, September 23, 2017

Hot Coffee served with Cold Memories !

It was just Monday I went to have cold coffee at Durga cafe, and just couldn't stop all those memories gushing back. 

Memories of those crazy long drives to reach there, sometimes all the way from Mumbai just to sip over that cup of coffee, can't forget those friends fighting over  money not that we didn't have any but can recall that stupid person use to always say 'Sutte dya Sutte nahi ahe', and then finally the coffee arriving, that eye-vitamin all around and those comments.

Recalling memories over coffee, making plans for outings, planning to go to appache. Talking all about engineeering cursing some old lost friends, remembering some old broken hearts, some crazy stuff, pasting marksheet in bus to impress someone, driving bike crazy.....

And here I am again standing in front of it, no one to share coffee, I go on counter and give a 100 rupee note and he gives change, strange but true, sip on coffee seeing the crowd around. Kept the finished glass of coffee in the bin and crossed the road. Don't know why but then again just turned back paused a bit, a smile appeared on my face, with moist eyes just shook my head and walked towards my car and put on some loud music. 

Don't know what that music was far, was it to get away from loneliness, was it to forget what I just remembered, was it to just send in the adrenaline without which I can no longer get away, but then with all this noise and traffic around I felt a kind of hollow quite inside me....

No comments:

Post a Comment