Inflow and Outflow is a daily scene in the corporate world today and everyone losses some and hires some, some bosses, some colleagues, some subordinates and a lot of friends, some who know you before you come and some who become your friend as you get along with each other. Eight hours and counting everyday is what we put in, some hard, some smart, some work, some play some chatting, some silent and a lot someone just sitting besides you staring at his/her work and you too doing the same and yes there are a lot whom I just know is they work with me not friends nor acquaintances neither colleagues but just people whom I recognize when they sit on the place or when I receive a call from the extension but surely when I meet them in public or hear them from a different extension will be surprised and tell ‘Ohhhh that you.. I just didn’t see you’ well that how it goes for me atleast.
But then there are a few friends who come and work for you, being HR is privilege and one of them is you can choose your colleges and the people who gonna work for you, you only decide upon their technical skills, and its you who decide whether they are fit from HR perspective for the job, and believe me in this I am not 100% true to my profession and often go a drift while selecting them, some friends, some ex-colleagues, some classmates and some just people whom you know and if you don’t have anything there at least people you can get along with, sometime I really ask is it that important… well I don’t know about importance but surely I know about pain…
I was fortunate enough or may be I was witted enough to get so ex-colleague, some classmate and some people that I can be compatible enough to work.. don’t ask who !! Work was good, work was fun, could see them round the corner, sometime they would come up telling they worked really hard and no one understands especially the boss, sometimes or rather everytime they use to come up and say ‘Aaj mein thoda jaldi jau kya sham jao ? Please…’ obviously the answer has to be yes because on the first place its nor a question and sometimes ‘Merse ek hai na choti si galti ho gayi yaar !!’ and the mistake was really small because it just took me an hours or a days time scratching my brains to fix it sometimes… food was always on the desk ‘Ye le kha… ‘ smiles were always on place ‘he he he Kamina…’ and everything was topped with understanding and understanding and understanding… you really don’t need to tell them you liked something or not they can just see it into your eyes… and a lot of personal sharing and talks.. And ofcource there a lot many of those whom you meet at work and then they become a part of life starting from ‘little-little’ meaning pegs of whiskey to ‘saving from whipping you A**’ or you talking about him coming and sitting on your desk and discussing out some office shit…. And then they become friends and are no more just work buddies – a colleague who become your buddy when there is work that’s how I will like to put it…….
But then everyone has to leave isn’t it… some for good job, some for getting married to a fancy US guy, some frustrated with boss, some because he want to get closer to his wife.. someday I gonna ask him how close has he got exactly, some gonna leave to get a job in his home town … But then work doesn’t change much.. you gotta work hard for sometime you just train the other guy, or you leave him/her to learn on own and you work the extra mile to get it right… But then when you just turn right to look at the corridor its no more she walking, its no more she coming down and disturbing you, its no more he calling and telling you ‘bhaaaiiii….’ , its no more ‘little-little lete hai yaar’ everything is the same but everything has changed… Next time you just cry loud to your self ‘Don’t Hire whom you Know, Don’t know whom you hire !!’ but then the question doesn’t remain whether you will follow it the million dollar question remains is how will you live with it….
I hope someday I learn to do that….
No comments:
Post a Comment